As many of you know, we’ve been on a quest to figure out what to do with all the mangoes we have. About a week or so ago we wondered “what would mango pie taste like?”. So, we looked up a couple of recipes, took note of what we liked and added a few ingredients of our own. The pie came out great! Now that we’re making three more I figured I should share the recipe with ya’ll.
- 4 medium-sized mangoes
- 1/4 of a lime's juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 table spoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Farenheit
- Cut up your mangoes and put all the flesh in a large bowl
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix
- Put about 1 cup of water into the freezer
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl, mix well
- Add butter to mixture and break into mall pieces while mixing.
- Mix butter and flour until small round beads of combination is formed
- Take out cold water and add one tablespoon at a time into bowl while hand mixing
- Combination should now resemble workable dough. Do not over-knead.
- Spread dough in 9in pie plate and work into correct shape.
- Add filling into pie plate and heat in oven for roughly 45 min